lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 1world1love <jd_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: optimize: went from 14488449 to 38449
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 04:46:04 GMT

Ganesh - yahoo wrote:

> Optimize will remove the deletes and rearrange the document numbers.
>
> Have you done some deletes before deleting 1.3 million docs?

No, that is the crazy part. I haven't done anything to this index since it
was first compiled until I did the deletes. That is why I made a copy of it
first because I had never done deletes before and wanted to be sure I didn't
mess anything up.

When I did the deletes, there were a few of the delete files in the index,
but not that many. My index went from 22GB to 77MB.