lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From 1world1love <>
Subject RESOLVED: help: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException ScorerDocQueue.downHeap
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:49:08 GMT

Just an FYI in case anyone runs into something similar.

Essentially I had indexes that I have been searching from a java stored
procedure in Oracle without issue for awhile. All of a sudden, I started
getting the error I alluded to above when there were more than a certain
number of terms (4,5, or more depending on the terms or index). The error
did not happen when I ran a query from a local server with the same
filesystem mounted.

In any case, all of my indexes checked out OK. I read through all the other
issues related to my issue but none of the fixes did anything.

However, setting BooleanQuery.setAllowDocsOutOfOrder(true); did in fact make
the error go away. Although I understand the idea behind the setting, I am
not sure why it made a difference in my case.

I would be interested if anyone has any theories.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message