lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sangrish <sidangr...@gmail.com>
Subject Cache Used by IndexReader/IndexSearcher
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:19:28 GMT

Hi All,

          I have a 50 GB index of about 40 million documents. I need to
query it
around 40,000 times(different queries) one by one. I saw that the query
times are negligible for the
first, say 25,000 queries, but it degrades later on. For example, the time
for 200 sequential queries changes from 0.009 secs to 0.06 secs. Any
possible reasons?

   I read somewhere that IndexSearcher reads in a cache when its
initialized. I could not find more on this.
Can I increase this cache size to get an elongated performance? If yes, how
do I play with it?

Thanks
Siddharth