lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Leeper <douglee...@yahoo.com>
Subject newbie question on querying on multiple attributes
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:51:59 GMT

I am using Hibernate as my persistence layer and have recently found
Hibernate Search and Lucene as a possible solution to my full text search.
However, I am a little fuzzy on what exactly needs to be done in my
situation.

In a nutshell, I have a Business object that has multiple of attributes that
needs to be indexed (name, summary, products, services, etc)

I would like to provide functionality in my web app that provides a user a
single text field that would match Businesses against all the identified
attributes.

I am assuming there are more than one option...but what is the best approach
to accomplishing this scenario?

I am assuming that i need to create different terms for each indexed
attribute...correct?  If so, do I need to create a BooleanQuery for each
term?

I am sure there is an example out there...but I haven't found one or have
misunderstood what I have seen so far.  So if there is a something out
there, could someone direct me to it?

Thanks in advance,
- Doug