lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Zender00 <danielpenn...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Singleton and Lucene: org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosed
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:06:46 GMT

Hi Paul,
thanks for your reply.

I compared your source code and it seems that you are using the same
mechanism for the singleton like me... I am using lucene 2.4 and get the
exception above explained.
I am wondering why because I only create an instance of my lucene object
(which itself constructs an IndexReader/IndexWriter in its constructor) and
return this instance to objects which want to execute some lucene
operations. So I only applied the singleton-pattern.
I am still wondering why these pattern results in my exception. Why could it
happen, that these Streams (IndexWriter/IndexReader) close itself. In my
opinion it is completely legal to do so.

Any other suggestions?