lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matthias W." <Matthias.Wang...@e-projecta.com>
Subject Re: Lucene SpellChecker returns no suggetions after changing Server
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:53:27 GMT

I fixed this problem by writing an external Java class and changing completly
to Lucene-2.4.0.

The SpellChecker now returns results but it is very slow.

My index contains about 20000 words, I don't think this is too much.

How can I speed it up?

My temporary method:
public static Vector suggest(String query, String indexName, String field,
float accuracy) {
		Vector v = new Vector();
		String[] suggestions = null;

		try {
			SpellChecker spellchecker = new SpellChecker(new RAMDirectory()/*, new
JaroWinklerDistance()*/);
			spellchecker.indexDictionary(new
LuceneDictionary(IndexReader.open(indexName), field));
			spellchecker.setAccuracy(accuracy);
			suggestions = spellchecker.suggestSimilar(query, 5);
		} catch (Exception e) {}

		for(int i = 0; i < suggestions.length; i++) {
			v.add(suggestions[i]);
		}

		return v;
}