lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Zender00 <danielpenn...@gmx.net>
Subject Singleton and Lucene: org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosed
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 20:25:23 GMT

Hi,
I tried to implement a singleton pattern for my already working lucene
object.
But there is a strange error when I tried to access the instance.

When my Singleton GetInstance() method is executed for the first time it
creates a new instance of my lucene object. There are some member variables
in this object like an IndexWriter and IndexReader. These objects are
created in the constructor and I can access them directly in the constructor
successfully.
GetInstance() now returns this lucene object and I have to execute some
operations on it. But the IndexWriter seems to be closed meanwhile and I got
the exception:

"org.apache.lucene.store.AlreadyClosed    Exception: this IndexWriter is
closed" when my object tries to writer some documents.

How could this happen? Isn't it possible to use lucene with a
singleton-pattern?

Kind regards,
D. Penning