lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten F." <karsten-luc...@fiz-technik.de>
Subject Re: Taxonomy in Lucene
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:23:55 GMT

hi glen,

possible you will find this thread interesting:
http://groups.google.com/group/xtf-user/browse_thread/thread/beb62f5ff9a16a3a/16044d1009511cda
was about a taxonomy like in your example.
Also take a look to the faceted browsing on date in
http://www.marktwainproject.org/xtf/search?category=letters;style=mtp;facet-written=

In solr 1.3 the faceted browsing was implemented with filter for each
possible value.
The implementation in xtf is quite more sophisticated (
http://xtf.wiki.sourceforge.net/programming_Faceted_Browsing ).
I am not familiar with current version of solr.

Best regards
  Karsten