lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Matthias W." <Matthias.Wang...@e-projecta.com>
Subject Lucene SpellChecker returns no suggetions after changing Server
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 07:50:10 GMT

Hi,
I'm using Lucene's SpellChecker (Lucene 2.1.0) class to get suggestions.
Till now my testing server was a VMWare-Image from  http://es.cohesiveft.com
http://es.cohesiveft.com  (Ubuntu 8.10, Tomcat6, Java5).
Now I'm using a Debian Etch Server with Tomcat5.5 and Java6.

Code-Sample:
String indexName = indexLocation;
String queryString = null;
queryString = URLDecoder.decode(request.getParameter("q"), "UTF-8");
SpellChecker spellchecker = new
SpellChecker(FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexName));
String[] suggestions = spellchecker.suggestSimilar(queryString, 5,
IndexReader.open(indexName), "content", false);
for(int i = 0; i < suggestions.length; i++) {
	out.println(suggestions[i]);
}

This worked fine on the old server, but on my new server this returns
nothing.
The index is generated by the nutch crawler, but this shouldn't be the
problem.

I've got the lucene-spellchecker-2.1.0.jar in the WEB-INF/lib/ (If I remove
it, I get the expected errormessage.)

So I don't know why I neither get results, nor an errormessage.