lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten F." <>
Subject Re: Improving Indexing Performance
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 09:08:55 GMT

Hi buFka,

take a look to
e.g. your example does not set mergeFactor or RAMBufferSizeMB

I also like the last tip: "Run a Java profiler"
Because in my case, the leak of performance vanished after I switched from
jdom to saxon.
(we are indexing xml-Files not database tables)

Best regards

buFka wrote:
> Hi all,
> I can already index with Lucene a very large database (8.0 million
> entries). For indexing and search, i'm using the follow example:
> The indexing takes about 4 hours. Can I speed up this process?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message