lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mimounl <mimo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter.flush performance
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 00:06:19 GMT

Jokin Cuadrado wrote:

> Avery time you flush the index, you are writing a small index to the
> disk. Theres a  defined value (mergefactor) that decides when it have
> to merge all of those small index in a bigger one, so as the index
> grown the merges are bigger.

Don't you thing I have to migrate my lucene version to 1.4 because in this
version, it sounds like the writings of document in the index files are
independant from the merge operation ?
I mean, in last version, the merge is performed by default by a
ConcurrentMergeScheduler that will make the commit operation approximatly
constant whatever the size of the index. Is that true ?