lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From mimounl <mimo...@hotmail.com>
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:27:23 GMT

Hello,

In my application, I need to flush data each time a modification is made. So
each time an entry is added in the lucene index we call IndexWriter.flush
this way all data are secured on file system.

We noticed that this operation is more and more time consuming while the
size of the index raises.

How can I tune the index to have a duration constant for the flush operation
?

Before changing our logic for example flushing each "n" entries, I'd like to
be sure that there isn't something I miss.

I saw that the IndexWriter API changed in last version but our version is
2.3.1 that don't have for example the commit operation (and the flush method
is deprecated).

Thank you for your suggestions.