lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten F." <karsten-luc...@fiz-technik.de>
Subject Re: Save big arrays in lucene document
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 13:50:01 GMT

Hi Zender,

please take a look to
http://www.nabble.com/Lucene-vs.-Database-td19755932.html#a19757274

you shouldn't use a lucene fields to store such huge data. At least not a
lucene field in your main search index.
You can use lucene as repository, but I would advice you to use a extra
index for that.
If you want to store arrays you can use store = Store.COMPRESS in
constructor
public Field(String name, byte[] value, int offset, int length, Store store)
with the serialized array as "value".

Best regards
  Karsten