lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten F." <>
Subject Re: Save big arrays in lucene document
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 13:50:01 GMT

Hi Zender,

please take a look to

you shouldn't use a lucene fields to store such huge data. At least not a
lucene field in your main search index.
You can use lucene as repository, but I would advice you to use a extra
index for that.
If you want to store arrays you can use store = Store.COMPRESS in
public Field(String name, byte[] value, int offset, int length, Store store)
with the serialized array as "value".

Best regards

Zender00 wrote:
> Hello,
> I have to store 2 arrays (1 int-Array, 1 String-Array (approx. length per
> element: 30 chars)) with a count of 100-10.000 elements in a lucene
> document.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message