lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Zender00 <danielpenn...@gmx.net>
Subject Save big arrays in lucene document
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:28:26 GMT

Hello,

I have to store 2 arrays (1 int-Array, 1 String-Array (approx. length per
element: 30 chars)) with a count of 100-10.000 elements in a lucene
document.

At this time, I implode each array (split with an ';') and save the value as
a string.
This works perfectly for small array-sizes (e.g. less than 500). But for an
array with some thousand elements the adding of this document took a long
time (> 10s)
I dont need to perform a search on these two fields, I only want to store
them within the document.
I create the fields with parameters Index.NO and Store.YES

How can I improve the speed?

Kind regards, Daniel