lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ravichandra <>
Subject Problem with special charecters
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 06:33:11 GMT

I am having problems with searching for special charecters like %,*,+,- etc.
I am using standard analyzer. I create queries using the query constructor.

I read in the forums and tried with QueryParser.escpae and parse methods,
but the problem is if I have two fields as "ABC+S" and "ABC-S" and when i
search for "ABC+S", the order of fields is "ABC+S","ABC-S", and when we
search for "ABC-S", then also the order is "ABC+S","ABC-S".

What I have seen is when we escape the search string and then parse it using
query parser, the generated query doesn't contain the special charecter '+',
or '-'.

Please suggest me how to deal with special charecters.

Lucene : 2.4

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message