lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Salem" <ch...@mainsequence.net>
Subject lucene 2.4 sorting slowness
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:10:02 GMT
Hello,
I have an index with ~4000000 documents and some 200 fields.  Searching without sorting takes
around 300 - 500 ms, when sorting on dates (formated as 'yyyy-mm-dd') searching time takes
on average 15 seconds. Here's the code that does the search:
hits = searcher.search(query, new Sort(new SortField("slast_modified", false)));
and here's how that field is being indexed:
doc.add(new Field("slast_modified", "2008-12-12", Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.NOT_ANALYZED));
Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a bug in lucene and if so is there a way to work around
it so that search speed is increased to something reasonable?
Thanks
Sincerely,
Chris Salem
Development Team
Main Sequence Technologies, Inc.
PCRecruiter.net - PCRecruiter Support
chris@mainsequence.net
P: 440.946.5214 ext 5458
F: 440.856.0312

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented
in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence
of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email. Main Sequence Technologies, Inc. 4420 Sherwin Rd. Willoughby OH 44094 www.pcrecruiter.net

(The following links were included with this email:)
http://www.pcrecruiter.net/

http://www.pcrecruiter.net/support.htm

mailto:chris@mainsequence.net