lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Schon <aaron_sc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Proximity Search between phrases
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:02:45 GMT
Take a look at SpanQuery and SpanNearQuery.

----- Original Message ----
From: Vasudevan Comandur <vcomandur@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:20:47 PM
Subject: Proximity Search between phrases

Hello,

    I am new to using Lucene Indexing Server and to query syntax as well. I
went through the documentation about using proximity searches between 2
words.

    But I would like to use proximity searches between two phrases. How do I
construct the Query for Lucene to fetch the relevant documents.?

    For Ex. The query is "Economic Meltdown in Asian Countries" and the two
phrases are "Economic Meltdown" and "Asian Countries". I would like to
    use proximity search between the two phrases.

   How can I construct the Lucene query for proximity search between two
phrases.

   I appreciate your help on this.

Regards
Vasu