lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Which is faster/better
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 06:40:31 GMT

> So in your UI, you'd like the delete to happen immediately and then  it's
> OK if the updated (added) document then takes a minute to appear?
Yes. Whenever a document state is changed, it moves to different store
(basically a Mail applicaiton, each mail has state of deleted, junk,
delivered etc). Each store has separate UI. When User is viewing a store and
updates a document. The record will be deleted, certain action will be
performed and added with new state so that it could be viewed from different
store. I am using only Lucene as my DB and not using any other database.

Regards
Ganesh