lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas J. Buhr" <visual.lo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What are the best document edit options?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:52:12 GMT
Erick,

Thanks for the good news, my question was still lingering from months
ago when I initially looked at an older Lucene.

Now I need a bit more specific info, since much in my architecture
rests on this ability to modify document fields dynamically. Where
can I see how IndexWriter.updateDocument works without getting into
Lucene all over again until this important issue is resolved? Is
there a sample of its usage for updating specific fields in a given
document? Is the update immediate or delayed?

Thanks, Thom