lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aleksander M. Stensby" <aleksander.sten...@integrasco.no>
Subject Re: Scoped Search and Facets generation using Lucene
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:25:11 GMT
I think that the closest you get to "scoped" search in your case would be
to use filters. (If you index your paths, or if the documents have some
standarized format, I assume you could just use one field per element in
your document.)

Maybe you could say a bit about you document structure? (If your question
is a XML specific parsing question, the Lucene mailing list isn't really
right place...)

- Aleksander

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:52:59 +0100, Otis Gospodnetic
<otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Mayur,
>
> Solr has built-in support for facets.  I don't understand what you mean
> by scoped searches.  Could you please give a concrete example?
>

> Otis
> --

Aleksander M. Stensby
Senior software developer