lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using multiple index searchers.
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 03:12:26 GMT
If the data is unrelated, separate indexes will lead to the best performance.
Memory usage should be less or equal to one big index.
File descriptor usage can be minimized by either calling optimize
before opening a new IndexSearcher (depends on how often you want to
see updates), lowering the merge factor, or using the compound file
format.

-Yonik