lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phrase query-like query that doesn't requre all the terms?
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:49:24 GMT
Solr's dismax parser can generate queries that do most of this... it's
a combination of term queries and sloppy phrase queries.

Simplest example:
+(DEF GHI) "DEF GHI"~10^5

The only thing that it doesn't work for is the terms out of order
(they will still be matched).  You could use span queries if you
really need that ordering, but sloppy phrase queries already penalize
the out-of-order since it's a bigger edit distance (but it won't be a
"severe" penalty).

-Yonik