lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Shackles" <gshack...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene implementation/performance question
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:39:33 GMT
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Greg Shackles <gshackles@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the searching phase, I would run the search across all page documents,
> and then for each of those pages, do a search with
> PayloadSpanUtil.getPayloadsForQuery that made it so it only got payloads for
> each page at a time.  The function returns a Collection of Payloads as far
> as I can tell, so is there any way of knowing which payloads go together?
> That is to say, if you were to do a search for "lucene rocks" on the page
> and it appeared 3 times, you would get back 6 payloads in total.  Is there a
> quick way of knowing how to group them in the collection?

Just a follow-up on my post now that I was able to see what the real data
looks like when it comes back from PayloadSpanUtil.  The order of payload
terms in the collection doesn't seem useful, as I suspect it is somehow
related to the order they are stored in the index itself.  Because of that,
grouping them is going to be difficult as I suspected, but this seems like
something Lucene should be able to do for me.  Is that not correct?  I'd
like to keep as much of the logic as possible out of my own implementation
for the sake of performance so if there is some way to do this, I would love
to know.  Thanks!

By the way, the Payloads feature is really cool! Definitely way better than
how I was doing things originally.  : )

- Greg