lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pekka Nykyri <pnyk...@cs.joensuu.fi>
Subject Special characters prevent entity being indexed
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:05:32 GMT
Hi!

I'm having problems with entities including special characters (Spanish
language) not getting indexed.

I haven't been able to find the the reason why some entities get indexed
while some don't.

I have 3 fields that (currently) hold the same value. The value for the
fields is example "¡Fantástico!- blaaba". Then when I change ONE of the
three values to "¡Fantástico! - blaaba", the entity gets indexed. So
chanching only one field makes it to index.

But the bigger problem with this is, that I have almost (other fields are
almost similar and I don't think they cause the problem) similar entity,
with exactly the same three "¡Fantástico!- blaaba" -fields and it gets
indexed normally. Even though the "critical" fields are exactly the same.

And also all entities where three fields start with "upside down ?"-mark
doesn't get indexed.

I'm really confused with the problem because I don't seem to be able to
find any logic some entities not being indexed even though they are
similar to some other. And changing only one value of the three makes it

Sorry for a really messy message but I just can't explain it more clearly
now.

Thanks in advance,
pn