lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can I set Boost to the term while indexing?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:26:19 GMT
You can do this.  It's called adding a Payload.  You can add payloads
during Analysis (Token.setPayload()) which means your code below will
need to be changed below such that you use the Field constructor that
takes in a TokenStream and wraps your input tokens.  This TokenStream
will also need to add you payloads.

then, during search, you can use a BoostingTermQuery to have the
payload values factor in during scoring.

-Grant

On Nov 18, 2008, at 12:37 PM, T. H. Lin wrote:

> I would like to store a set of keywords in a single field of a
> document.
>
> for example I have now three keywords: "One", "Two" and "Three"
> and I am going to add them into a document.
>
> At first, is this code correct?
> /****************************************************************/
> String[] keyword = new String[]{"One", "Two", "Three"};
> for (int i = 0; i < keyword.length; i++) {
>   Field f = new Field("field_name",
>                            keyword[i],
>                            Field.Store.NO,
>                            Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED,
>                            TermVector.YES);
>   doc.add(f);
> }
> indexWriter.addDocument(doc);
> /***************************************************************/
>
> when searching, We can set Boost for a query term.
>
> the question is...
> Can I set Boost for every keyword/term while indexing?
>
> from the example above. I may set those keywords. i.e. "One", "Two"
> and
> "Three", with different "Weight/Boost/Relavance..." while indexing.
> and the same "term" may have different "Weight/Boost/Relavance..." in
> different document.
>
> can I do this?
>
> thanks. :-)

Grant Ingersoll