lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Teruhiko Kurosaka" <K...@basistech.com>
Subject How to use TermFreqVector to search similar documents, and the BooksLikeThis example
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 19:39:54 GMT
Hi,
I'd like to find documents that are similar to the one I have
in the index (or the one I am abuot to add, if there is no
similar document... I prefer this way if possible).

If I understand it correctly, I should be able to use
TermFreqVector for this. I wanted to tell Lucene,
"search for similar Documents whose TermFrequencyVectorv
have angle less than 5 degree with the Document I have".

I was hoping BooksLikeThis example found in Lucene In Action
(1st Edition) provides such example.  But this one seems
to create a regular array of all the Terms found in the
Vector and issue a regular search.  I don't see a place
where I can set the similar-ness of the documents I want etc.

Is there any way I can tell how similar documents
I want using term frequency vector?

--------
Basis Technology Corporation, San Francisco
T. "Kuro" Kurosaka