lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tim Sturge <tstu...@hi5.com>
Subject Re: Term numbering and range filtering
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 01:32:40 GMT

> With "Allow Filter as clause to BooleanQuery":
> one could even skip the ConstantScoreQuery with this.
> Unfortunately 1345 is unfinished for now.

That would be interesting; I'd like to see how much performance improves.

>> startup: 2811
>> Hits: 11156
>> first query: 1395
>> 100 queries: 441 (back down to 4.41msec per query)
>>
>> This is less than 2x slower than the dedicated bitset and more than
>> 50x faster than the range boolean query.
>>
>> Mike, Paul, I'm happy to contribute this (ugly but working) code if
>> there is interest. Let me know and I'll open a JIRA issue for it.
>
> In case you think more performance improvements based on this
> are possible...

I think this is generally useful for range and set queries on non-text based
fields (dates, location data, prices, general enumerations). These all have
the required property that there is only one value (term) per document.

I've opened LUCENE-1461.

Tim