lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ulrich Vachon" <ulrich.vac...@vidal.fr>
Subject RE : Can lucene search from multi-index directory like using FK in database?
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 00:49:45 GMT
Hello,

Erik has right, Lucene is not a RDBMS. If you want mix both world, you can use tools dedicated
like Hibernate Search or Compass.

Ulrich VACHON

-------- Message d'origine--------
De: Clay Zhong [mailto:zjclay@gmail.com]
Date: mar. 04/11/2008 13:31
À: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Objet : Can lucene search from multi-index directory like using FK in database?

Hi Guys,

I meet some problems when using Lucene 2.3.2. After a lot of research, I
still can't find any ways to solve them. Hope you can give me some
advice..

1. Can I search different document from multi-index when they have
connections like FK in database?
For example,
Index Dir 1 (User): Field id, Field departmentId
Index Dir 2 (Department): Field id, Field location
How can I get all user that location is USA?
Well, I can index location into User, or search from Department first to
get departmentId. But they're really terrible, is there a better way?

2. How can I search from multi-index with one query? It's different from
using MultiSearcher.
For example, there's two fields, 'title' and 'content', when I search
'Java and Lucene', how can I get documents which contains 'Java' in
'title' and 'lucene' in 'content'? (not only 'Java and Lucene' in one
field). I can add a field contains both 'title' and 'content', but
that's really really bad solution....

That's all my questions, thanks for your patient.

Best Wishes
Clay Zhong