lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "karl wettin" <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: InstatiatedIndex questions
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 13:15:00 GMT
Hi David,

thanks for the report! I suppose you speak of IndexWriter vs
InstantiatedIndexWriter? These are definitely considered discrepancy
problems. I've created a new issue in the tracker:

For what reason do you try to serialize the InstantatedIndex? Could
you perhaps use FSDirectory and IndexWriter instead, and then each
time you update that index you replace your InstantiatedIndex with a
new one constructed using the IndexReader argumented constructor of
InstantiatedIndex?

I'm afraid that I'm rather busy at the moment but I'll try to fix it
ASAP. It should however be rather easy to fix if you just want to
solve the specific problem: reset all pre-tokenized streams before
they are tokenized in InstantiatedIndexWriter#addDocument and make
TermVectorOffsetInfo implement Serializable.

     karl