lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Cool The Breezer <techcool.ku...@yahoo.com>
Subject Order the index by timestamp field and Get n documents
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 06:21:09 GMT
Hi,
   In my index, there is a field called timestamp which is long value of date. I am  trying
to get sort all documents by timestamp and get N documents.
I am trying to find a way to create a query like "timestamp > 0" and then order the result
by timestamp and get N fields. However I am not able to do that. Suggest me the best way.
Or there are any lowlevel method available for the same.

I am using Lucene 2.3.1 and looking into method search(Weight weight, Filter filter, int nDocs,
Sort sort) in IndexSearcher. Trying to know how to create a Weight object.

Anyway, I would really appreciate your suggestion....

-RB