lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Lea" <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Analyzer
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:57:51 GMT
Yes, you can.  But it is generally best to use the same analyzer for
indexing and for searching so, assuming that you want searches to find
matches in files of whatever type, I'd recommend pre-processing the
files to a common text format before indexing and then using the same
analyzer for all of them.

--
Ian.

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah
<Allahbaksh_Asadullah@infosys.com> wrote:
> HI All,
> I am indexing a set file type (html, js,jsp,xml etc). All the file type have a common
field called as text. This field contains all the file data. Can I have different analyzer
for depending upon file type.