lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can I set Boost to the term while indexing?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:14:32 GMT
Hi Lin,

I guess you are looking at document boosting, if 'm right, you could
conditionally do this:
doc.setBoost(boostFactor);
where boostFactor is a float > 1.0 that boosts the doc with the boost
factor.
Also, you could also use
field.setBoost (boostValue) to boost a particular field in a document by a
particular boostfactor.
By default all boosts are set to 1.0 in lucene. The field.setBoost would
multiply the score of all matching docs by this factor while calculating
relevance.

Hope this solves your issue.

--
Anshum Gupta