lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Anshum <ansh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: possible score value
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 10:59:05 GMT
Hi Fransisco,

Did you come across :
      scoreNorm = 1.0f / topDocs.getMaxScore();
or something of this sort in Hits?
As per my knowledge, the initial score is more than 1 but finally the scores
get divided by the maxScore of the matched doc set. i.e. Setting an upper
limit of 1 (for the max scorer).
Hope this clarifies things! :)

--
Anshum Gupta