lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitri Bichko" <dbic...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexSearcher and multi-threaded performance
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:01:50 GMT
Nice!

At 8 threads nio-shared catches up with ram-shared.  Here's the complete table:

	fs-thread	nio-thread	ram-thread	fs-shared	nio-shared	ram-shared
1	71877	70461	54739	73986	72155	61595
2	34949	34945	26735	43719	33019	28935
3	25581	28732	26885	38412	23383	19624
4	20511	21235	31742	38712	18000	15059
5	19235	21060	24345	39685	14636	12509
6	16775	17685	26896	39592	12649	10841
7	17147	18766	18296	46678	11201	10183
8	18327	17588	19043	39886	10439	10048
9	16885	16483	18721	40342	9455	9483
10	17832	17428	30757	44706	8947	10975
11	17251	16405	21199	39947	8597	9704
12	17267	17967	36284	40208	8462	10996

And it behaves very well with more threads:

	nio-shared
1	71066
2	33206
3	22824
4	18168
5	15198
6	13086
7	11616
8	10698
9	9919
10	9657
11	9409
12	8977
13	9210
14	8757
15	9282
16	9260
17	9010
18	8230
19	8439
20	8486
21	8631
22	8417
23	8154
24	8685
25	7878
26	8398
27	8265
28	8266
29	7951
30	8606
31	8385
32	8630

That solves it for me, but I do see a fair amount of free time on this
machine - if there are other things you want to benchmark, I'd be
happy to do it.

Cheers,
Dmitri