lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vlad Olenin" <vole...@gmail.com>
Subject calculating score - implementing your own 'Scorer' - how to?..
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:47:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Lucene, so looking for some guidance as to the most efficient /
appropriate way to implement the following functionality.

* Each Document consists of a number of fields
* Each Field value, when indexed, can have different 'score' value
associated with it
** for simplicity, the score is presented as a bit mask
** each field value might have different score for the same field
** each field value might have different score for the different fields
*** eg, if doc1.field1.value = "val1, val2, val3", then index over field1
might have different score values associated with each value (here are
{docId.field, score} pairs):
***       val1 = {doc1.field1, '0011'},
***       val2 = {doc1.field1, '0101'},
***       val3 = {doc1.field1, '1011'}
* when the search is done, the final score for the document must be
calculated based on the bit combination of scores, eg:
** query = 'val1, val2', res = {doc1, '0001'}  (0011 & 0101)
** query = 'val1, val3', res = {doc1, '0011'}  (0011 & 1011)

How do I implement the above scoring logic? Thanks,

Vlad