lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christian Reuschling <christian.reuschl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1:n queries again
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:49:07 GMT
But this is not the same - Lucene makes it transparent for you whether
you have one or several field entries for one attribute.
The behaviour will be the same in both of these cases:

Lucene document entry:
attName: "term1 term2"
attName: "term3 term4"
or
attName: "term1 term2 term3 term4"

For the 1:n behaviour, you need some kind of logical 'grouping' of one
dataset.

whereby a query 'term1 term4' should NOT match, 'term1 term2' must match.