lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ScoreDoc
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 23:05:19 GMT
Excuse me. Some unchecked logic there concerning HitCollector. A
HitCollector hits all matching documents, not all documents. Sometimes
that can be a lot. With TopDocs, you only ask for the Top scoring
documents, which is usually a lesser number than all matching docs, and
generally what people are interested in rather than all matching docs.
Sorry for the confusion there - need to double check what I write...