lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ScoreDoc
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 22:57:41 GMT
Their is definitely some stale javadoc in Lucene here and there. All of
what your talking about has been shaken up recently with the deprecation
of Hits. Hits used to pretty much be considered the non-expert API, but
its been tossed in favor of the TopDoc API's.

The HitCollector stuff has been marked expert because a lot of people
get into trouble using something that hits every doc in the index on a
search, not just the matching docs from the search. If you don't
understand whats going on, you can, and many have, make some pretty slow
code. The expert stuff just means, understand whats going on before you
start to play here ;) I don't necessarily think it doesn't belong in a
tutorial - assuming the guy who wrote the tutorial understood what he
was doing.

As for the stale java-doc though, I'm sure patches would be welcome ;)
Its a group of volunteers all scratching their own itches here, so its
likely you will find things like that. Best bet is to pitch in when you
see it, and I'm sure one of the commiters will apply your patch if its
appropriate.

- Mark