lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance of never optimizing
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 22:47:09 GMT
Been a while since I've been in the benchmark stuff, so I am going to
take some time to look at this when I get a chance, but off the cuff I
think you are open and closing the reader for each search. Try using the
openreader task before the 100 searches and then the closereader task.
That will ensure you are reusing the same reader for each search. Hope
to analyze further soon.

- Mark