lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Ferguson" <mark.a.fergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Searching repeating fields
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:48:42 GMT
Hello,

I am designing an index in which one url corresponds to one document. Each
document also contains multiple parallel repeating fields. For example:

Document 1:
  url: http://www.cnn.com/
  page_description: cnn breaking news
  page_title: news
  page_title: cnn news
  page_titel: homepage
  username: ajax
  username: paris
  username: daniel

In this contrived example, user 'ajax' have saved the URL with the page
title 'news', 'paris' has saved it with 'cnn news', and 'daniel' has saved
it with 'homepage'.

What I need to be able to do is perform a search for a particular user and a
particular title, but they must occur together. For example, +user:ajax
+page_title:news would return this document, but +user:ajax
+page_title:homepage would not.

I am open to changing the design of the document (i.e. using repeating
fields isn't required), but I do need to have one document per url. I am
looking for suggestions for a strategy on implementing this requirement.

Thanks,

Mark Ferguson