lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From AlexElba <ramal...@yahoo.com>
Subject Scoring issue
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:22:25 GMT

Hello ,
I have two document in my lucene index

Document<stored/uncompressed,indexed<tagId:5117>
stored/uncompressed<tagName:Wholesale Hot Dog Stand Equipment>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:wholesale hot dog stand
equipment> stored/uncompressed>

Document<stored/uncompressed,indexed<tagId:11274>
stored/uncompressed<tagName:Hot Dogs>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hot dog meal>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hot dog restaurant>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hotdog>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hot dog>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hot dog dining>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:best hotdog>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:cuisine hot dog>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hotdog stand>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hotdog restaurant>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hot dog grill>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hot dog cuisine>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hot dog stand>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hot dog menu>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hot dog shop>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hotdog vendor>
stored/uncompressed,indexed,tokenized<tagKey:hotdog grill>>

and I am  searching for +tagKey:hot +tagKey:dog

which is exact match for 2nd document, but I am getting 1.0 score for first
document and 0.7 for second one.

I have custom similarity where  lengthNorm is (1.0 / tokenCount) others are
some consents

why my first document is getting higher score?