lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dora <julien.bar...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Indexing accented characters, then searching by any form
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:32:21 GMT

Diego Cassinera wrote:

> Are you sure you are creating the fields with Field.Index.ANALYZED ?

Yes, my fields are all ANALYZED. (One was ANALYZED_NO_NORMS but changing it
to ANALYZED did not solve the problem)

I checked with the debugger, and the analyzer I use tu update my indexer
does contain my ISOLatin1AccentFilter.

It looks like the indexWriter does not go through the tokenStream method.
Maybe this is because I perform an updateDocument() instead of a
addDocument() ?

Here is how I index a document:
m_analyzer is an Analyzer returned by my getAnalyzer method
field and field value are a "key" to my document (a unique ID)

IndexWriter luceneIndexWriter = new IndexWriter(m_indexDir, m_analyzer,
IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.UNLIMITED);
luceneIndexWriter.updateDocument(new Term(field, fieldValue),
luceneDocument);