lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rafael Cunha de Almeida <almeida...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using AND with MultiFieldQueryParser
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:51:08 GMT
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:53:59 +0530
"prabin meitei" <prabin.meitei@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> From whatever you have written you are trying to write a query
> *word1 AND stopword AND word2
> *this means that the result should contain all of word1, word2 and the
> stopword.
>
> Since you have already removed the stopword during index time you will never
> find any document matching your query. (this is expected behaviour)
> you can possibly use word1 OR stopword OR word2 (depends on what you want in
> the result)
>  If you can clarify more about what you want in the result we can discuss on
> what can be done.

I wanted MultiFieldQueryParser to ignore any stopword the user may type
in. In that particular case I'd like the result to be word1 AND word2. I
thought that was what would happen because I pass the Analyzer to
MultiFieldQueryParser, so I expected the parser to ignore stopwords for
fields which the analyzer drops stopwords (I use PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper
analyzer).