lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Trcek <wzzelfz...@abas.de>
Subject Re: Boosting results
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:42:05 GMT
On Monday 10 November 2008 13:55:31 Michael McCandless wrote:

> Finally, you might want to instead look at Solr, which provides facet
> counting out of the box, rather than roll your own...

Doooh - new api, but it's facet counting sounds good.

Any starting points for moving from plain lucene to Solr in a smooth
way? I doubt whether it is possible to integrate the facet counting
part of Solr into my plain lucene application?

For searching: Do I have to have a Solr server (servlet engine) running
or will EmbeddedSolrServer and SolrQuery do the job?

For indexing: Can I use a ready to use lucene index in Solr?

Stefan