lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen>
Subject Re: Query time document group boosting
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:15:58 GMT
On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 07:30 +0100, Karl Wettin wrote:
> The most scary part is that that you will have to score each and every
> document that has a source, probably all of the documents in your
> corpus.

I now see my query-logic was flawed. In order to avoid matching all
documents every time, the query would have to be
"foo AND (
  groupboost_A:dummy^10 OR
  groupboost_B:dummy OR
  groupboost_C:dummy^0.1 OR

With that query, it seems that only documents matching foo will result
in a hit and be scored?

> So if you have a very large number of documents it might be a
> bit expensive. Also, appending this query for boost only means that
> you will get hits on documents that has nothing to do with the user
> query.

Thanks for the correction. The first query was clearly bad.

> I think you are looking for CustomScoreQuery.

Possibly, but my understanding is too weak to see how I can avoid a
substantial performance-hit for the check for source?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message