lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Maintain last indexed information in a file or DB
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:09:07 GMT
I am using Lucene v2.4. I am indexing files from various folder and i have
to maintain a bookmark of what i have last indexed in each folder.

Initially i thought to save the state in each  respective folder. Index
Wrtier always has documents in memory and it commits in a intervals. In an
unexpected application crash, sometimes the last saved bookmark and the last
indexed document in the database is not matching.

One another option is to keep the information in a same or different
database.

I think many might have faced this situitation.

Regards
Ganesh