lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: [ot] a reverse lucene
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:00:33 GMT

On Nov 22, 2008, at 10:57 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:
> Hi. apologies for the off-topic question.

Not off-topic at all!

> I was wondering if anyone knew of a open source solution (or a
> pointer to the algorithms)
> that do the reverse of lucene.
> By that I mean store a whole lot of queries, and run them against a
> document to see which queries match it. (with a score etc)
>
> I can see the case for this would be a news-article and several
> people writing queries to get alerted if it matched a certain
> condition.

This use-case was the reason MemoryIndex was created.  It's a fast
single document index where incoming documents could be sent in
parallel to the main index - and slamming a bunch of queries at it.
There's also InstantiatedIndex to compare to, as it can handle
multiple documents.

	Erik