lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aleksander M. Stensby" <aleksander.sten...@integrasco.no>
Subject Re: wizard for search in Lucene
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 07:33:58 GMT
 From what I can understand, you want to insert the word "history" and then
get proposed "related" terms in combination with your input query.
In essense this would be to do a "look-up" on top-terms in the subset of
documents matching the initial query "history". Exactly how you could do
this is a bit uncertain from my knowledge, but I suggest you read up on
term-frequency and the tf-idf scheme.

Also: take a look at the org.apache.lucene.search.similar package:
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc//org/apache/lucene/search/similar/package-summary.html
and read the motivation email listed in the first segment of
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/javadoc//org/apache/lucene/search/similar/MoreLikeThis.html

I couldn't really see how you would autocomplete after the word history
without listing a bunch of un-interesting terms as suggestions... But i
might be wrong... Of course, if it was autocompletion you were looking
for¸ Asbjørn answered that one just fine:)

Best regards,
  Aleksander M. Stensby

--
Aleksander M. Stensby