lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Chan" <wayofdra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClassCastException when writing to index writer
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 02:45:19 GMT
Thank you all for your input.  However, this is what I have discovered so
far:

   - I tried running the test that Edwin suggested and it failed for me in
   my environment (Lucene 2.3.2, Windows XP, SUN JDK 1.5 or 1.6)

e.g. SegmentInfos sis = new SegmentInfos();
      SegmentInfos sis2 = (SegmentInfos) sis.clone();

   - Interestingly, I tried to create a dummy test class which mimics
   SegmentInfos as follows and it works!:

public class TestVector extends Vector
{
   public TestVector clone()
   {
      TestVector cl = (TestVector)super.clone();
      return cl;
   }
}

         TestVector vector = new TestVector();
         TestVector vClone = (TestVector)vector.clone();

   - This tells me that perhaps there is something wrong with the lucene
   package that I have downloaded (some sort of incompatibility?).  I will try
   to recompile the lucene package in my own environment and see if I can fix
   the problem.