lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie Question - Lucene Sorting NOT Ignoring NULL values
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:12:39 GMT
You're on the right track I think... perhaps try using RangeFilter
directly rather than creating your own class.  Something like:

Filter filter = RangeFilter.More("lastUpdatedDate","");
searcher.search(query, filter)

If that works for you, then the next step would be to look at
CachingWrapperFilter, which can help prevent calculating the filter
for every query.

-Yonik